Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Sunflower Plant

            Earlier in the semester we were given the challenge of growing a plant. We could either grow a sunflower plant or a tomato plant. I wanted to grow a sunflower plant so bad that I took two cups of soil and some seeds and tried to grow one plant outside and the other in a windowsill in the lounge of Sherwood where the plant could get an ample supply of sunlight. The potential plant I would have grown outside did not work out because someone dumped my soil and seeds :(. Sunflowers usually grow best in areas where they can receive an ample amount of sunlight and get a good supply of water. When I first started growing my plant, I was not giving it enough water and my roommate suggested that I add a little more water and before I knew it my plant's life had begun. For more information on growing sunflower plants visit www.almanac.com/plant/sunflowers. Here is a picture diary of the growth of my plant from the beginning.




















No comments:

Post a Comment